[What is HukumJelas?] Today, it’s really hard for normal people to find, read and understand laws (undang-undang) that impact them society. We’re an open source project & non-profit that’s trying to fix that by making a free website that makes reading the law convenient and beginner-friendly for normal people. Check out our prototype here and our pitch deck here. [What will I do?] This isn’t a job/internship; we’re an open source project looking for volunteers who are interested in joining our team of contributors. We’re currently a small team of 3 (Software Engineer @ Facebook, Sales Strategy @ Salesforce, Architecture @ UNPAR) and looking for 2-3 more people. We’re looking for coders/programmers who will build the 1st version of our website, targeted at law students & avid news readers. [Why should I join?] 1) Level up for the job/internship hunt!
- Learn practical skills by working on a modern stack (Typescript, React, Next.js, Python, mypy) widely used in tech – this is a project you can proudly put on a resume
- Learn how to work in a engineering team w/ version control & code review
- Mentorship from an Indonesian software engineer at Facebook (interview prep, resume review, career advice)
2) Work on interesting technical challenges while building something people want
- Go beyond artificial programming assignments; build & ship a product for real people
- We’re a small group trying to solve a massive problem that the government & big local platforms haven’t been able to solve.
– Have taken at least 1 Computer Science class (don’t have to major in CS)
– Interested in the product, and can work on a team
– Familiarity w/ version control (Git, GitHub) is a plus but not required
– Completion of a data structures & algorithms class is a plus but not required
– Having experience working on your own side projects is a plus but not required.
- 10 weeks (or longer if you want!)
Hours per Week:
- 5 hours per week